Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Writer's Tweets

It was so funny. It just hit me today--you need to use your Twitter account. I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of the new social media. I thought it was silly and a waste of time. However, after taking my electronic publishing class at the University of Baltimore, I found out that utilizing social media is a great way to market yourself as a writer. As mentioned in a previous post entitled, "It's all about Twitter, folks!," two classmates and I did a group presentation on Twitter. From the research, I learned that many celebrities and companies have Twitter accounts including Oprah, The New York Times--everyone! With Twitter, you can tweet about upcoming events. You can insert links into your tweets so people can view articles and/or blog posts. Also, create hash tags so people can find your tweets using keywords. So, here is my Twitter account: http://twitter.com/mbanks6. Also, for all you Tweeters, have you found Twitter useful? Let me know. Also, you can post a link to your Twitter account!

No comments:

Post a Comment