Thursday, May 6, 2010

My New Addiction, Part II

As I mentioned in a previous post entitled, "My New Addiction," blogging has opened up my universe; I have found an emerging passion. It is cool to be able to voice your thoughts and opinions--and bam--you have an audience. After installing, Google Analytics, I found out that this blog has been viewed by folks in Hawaii, California, and even India! Call me a nerd, but I was tickled to see those statistics. Blogging is a new form of communication. I call it "the call and response." I write a post, you read it, and you respond--there is interaction. I also love to read other writers' blogs. My favorites are Blue Mosaic Me: The Writing Blog of Jackson Bliss and Alligator Legs. I like "Blue Mosaic Me" because Jackson Bliss, a Ph.D. Literature and Creative Writing student at the University of Southern California, blogs about the conversations he has with faculty including Aimee Bender, TC Boyle, and Percival Everett. He types verbatim both acceptance and rejection letters he has received from editors and literary agents. He shares the correspondence he has written to authors, literary agents and editors; he includes their responses (my favorite is the one from Junot Diaz; click here to read it). The other site I enjoy is Alligator Legs. I like how she blogs about the New York literary and arts scene. Plus, she chronicles her writing aspirations in New York City. Are there any writing blogs that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment