Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Look inside Ellison's Mind

In a previous post, I discussed the releasing of Ralph Ellison's posthumous book, Three Days Before the Shooting... (2010). As I was researching the literary executors of Ellison's estate, I found out that Adam Bradley planned to release a book entitled Ralph Ellison In Progress, which will be released in May 2010. In this book, Bradley examines Ellison's work including manuscripts, notes, and journal entries. You can check out Amazon.com to look inside the book. I'm actually excited to see what Ellison's writing process was; I find that learning the writing habits of other writers make you a better a writer. For example, I learned that Toni Morrison writes her drafts by hand, which I found interesting and informative. Reading about your favorite author's writing process let's you see how writing is generated. Writing is a complicated process that involves hard work and patience.

1 comment:

  1. i'm interested in this myself! thanx for letting me know. you always find out stuff i never hear about, superstar mary.

    ReplyDelete