Thursday, April 29, 2010

Creativity and Electronic Publishing

It was cool to see the variety and range of the final projects for my Electronic Publishing course at the University of Baltimore. There weren't too many people who used Twitter (shout out to Tania's Twitter Text Poetry, click here to view). I really liked Courtney's creative use of Facebook--that was so innovative. Create a Facebook account for fictional characters. Basically, everyone did a nice job. Three people did e-books, which are supposed to be the wave of the future. Call me old-school, but I still prefer a traditional book. The E-books were well-designed and were in PDF versions. I wonder how E-books will change the concept of book design. A couple of people used video with images, words, and audio. One person even shot a series of web shows about two fictional characters (click here to check it out). In retrospect, I learned a lot by taking Electronic Publishing. It's funny because I didn't want to take the class at first because I told myself I'm not tech savvy, but truthfully you don't have to be that tech savvy--maybe a little--but not a whole lot. Good job on the final projects, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I once met a guy who worked at an audio book publishing company. I am equally interested/excited to hear more about e-publishing. Thanks for sharing! and for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete