Monday, April 5, 2010

Easy as 1, 2, 3?

Today, I tested my website's usability and navigational tools. I used my parents as the sample pool. It was interesting to see how they navigated my blog. They are traditional readers, meaning their reading paths are linear; they didn't go to the archives and "play around;" instead, they just scrolled down the blog. My father does not have much experience with computers, so he needed help to navigate to older posts. My mother is a bit more tech-savvy; she was able to locate items on my sidebar, while my father was unable to find them without my guidance. Now, it would be interesting to see how a younger testing pool would have "behaved" on my site. I wonder if they would have "noticed" the sidebar more? Would they have clicked on the posts and the links? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment