Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's behind the doors, MFAers?

The deadline is looming. You feel antsy. You've had this feeling before. The fear of what's on the other side of the door...is it wealth and stardom? Your name on The New York Times Bestseller? Or is it a bag of regrets and broken dreams? A nice little note with the word, "Sucker," scrawled across it? What am I talking about you might ask? Graduation. In 2007, when I graduate from college, I just knew my Bachelor's degree was going to get me a job ASAP! Wrong. As a result, I learned that you have to plan early. I'm beginning to think about the transition from school to the workforce. What should I do with my MFA? Teach? Write? Purse owning my own publishing house? Who knows? So that leads me to my next question, what are your plans after earning your MFA?

No comments:

Post a Comment