Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Last Hurrah!

On May 7th, 2010, students in the MFA Creative Writing & Publishing Arts program at the University of Baltimore will showcase and display their final books on the fifth floor of the Student Center. This year, I know a handful of the graduates, so I'm excited to see their work. Last year, I attended the reading, and it was awe-inspiring to see how the books looked professional and attractive. At the University of Baltimore, students have to produce their own books, which means they can either get them printed using a commercial printer or they can hand-make them. I'm telling you now, I doubt I'll be making my final books by hand--too much work. Lord willingly, I will showcase my book to the world next year or should I say to a roomful of people. I am excited about that--my three years wrapped up in the completion of my final book. I already have an idea of how I want my book to look. It's hard to imagine that I will have wrote, designed, and printed my own book without the help of a publishing house. Anyway, I can't wait to see everyone's books! And hopefully, I can afford them (smile).

1 comment:

  1. Well especially for you Mary you can have a discount since you already told me there is a recession. $18.00 is the asking price. But I know it's well worth it. The quality of the paper, the cover stock and the poems on the page are priceless.

    ReplyDelete