Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Fame Game

You've sent out your manuscript to your favorite literary magazine. You imagine yourself reading the email, "Congratulations, we have selected your story for our publication..." And to top it off, you get paid a couple of hundreds, and before you know it, you become a household name...okay, I'm getting carried away. But honestly, who doesn't wish that one of the above scenarios wouldn't happen? What prompted these fantasies? I have submitted a collection of prose poetry entitled, "Black Codes," for Tin House's issue about class in America. I guess, I'll find out, if my submission made it by August. If not, the game continues. If so, YAY! I gotta be like Jesse and keep hope alive. What is your motto that motivates you to keep writing?

1 comment:

  1. It's not about talent...it's about promise. I believe that more each day. Every "famed" person isn't the best at what they do. But somewhere deep down on the inside they believe that "fame" is a promise or purpose of their very being and so it becomes. I know I will be a successful writer one day. It's a promise!

    ReplyDelete